Monday, February 6, 2012

7 Day Crossfit Juice Fast-Day 2

     Today was a great day. I felt great, clear headed and strong. I made it to a morning WOD. It was cardiac and power intensive. I went seven rounds deep and got the last set of cleans before time expired. There was no noticeable difference in my endurance. It was just hard. 

AMRAP in 20 min:
5 power cleans  145lb
10 toes to bars
15 wall ball  20lb

weight-209.8lb (post WOD)
emotional status-more emotional than normal???
stamina-seemed normal during workout little tired in the afternoon

     So, it looks like I dropped a ton of weight in one day. How can this be you ask? Well, the night before I started this endeavor, I had a cheat meal. It was salty Mexican and it was delicious! I have been peeing like crazy, so I am downloading water. I do feel wonderfully hydrated. As a side note, I had a headache one day at work and my friend Cindy asked me if I was adequately hydrated. I really hadn't thought about it. I went and drank 30 or 40oz of water and felt better within the hour. 
     I forgot to state what supplements that I am taking in my previous post. I take fish oil (usually 1-2g, but i'm upping it to 5-6g), vit D3, and a men's health multivit. This process is working for me, so far. I'm learning about new foods. I drank fennel, pear, lime aid today. I've never even looked at a fennel in the market before! It makes me feel good to try these new healthy options. I could see chopping up this herb on a salad.  
     My wife and I went to lunch at an organic cafe today. I had a ginger, garlic, cayenne, beet, apple, kale, and carrot concoction. It reminded me of a spicy soup... It was interesting and flavorful and i'm glad I tried it. Two days down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment