Wednesday, February 8, 2012

7 Day Crossfit Juice Fast-Day 4

     Today, I am so thankful for food. It's not that I miss it all that much, I just appreciate it. I am thankful to live in a country that allows me so many wonderful choices and am blessed to have the financial means to afford any food I choose to eat. That being said, today was great. I had a great workout and felt normal throughout. I even had the thought of doing two WODs today, but just a thought...

3 rounds; AMRAP in 1 min:
Ghd sit ups
Row calories
Russian twist 35lb
Box jumps 24"
Jacknives
turkish get ups 35lb
rest 1 minute after each round


weight-208.8lb
emotional status-calm, confident, got my swagger back
stamina-as good, if not better than normal


     This process is about doing, not thinking about, talking about, researching, or bragging. We either do a thing and learn from it or we don't. I'm learning so much about who I am and my relationship with my body. I'm amazed at my willpower. I brought some sausage biscuits home to the family a couple of mornings ago and they ordered pizza tonight. I wasn't even tempted because I'm dedicated to this process. 
     I feel really good. I'm recovering much faster and I'm not feeling as sore as usual. I attribute this to the diet, because nothing else has changed. I've never felt like doing two-a-days before, so this is truly unusual. 
     Juicing may become my new preworkout supplement. The nutrients and sugars energize me. I usually take a scoop of Jack 3d or Superpump 250. I'm letting that go. I don't need it anymore. 
Favorite juice today: 3 carrots, 2 small green apples, 2 stalks celery, large cucumber

1 comment:

  1. So proud of my older brother (we all know he's not my "big" brother lol). He has always served as a role model and I feel since I've established myself as an adult I have been able to push him as well. Our journey in nutrition, health, and physicality has grown tremendously over the past few years and I know on my end a great deal of this has been due to our conversations. He's a great example to never be satisfied in life or health. There are always tweaks to improve some aspect of your life and I love him for illustrating, understanding, and nurturing that attitude all at the same time. I work out harder and try to find herbs, supplements, or spices much more often now that he is my partner in health. It makes you want it more when there's a "super friend" to push you to a point you may not have the will power to go on your own.

    ReplyDelete