Tuesday, February 7, 2012

7 Day Crossfit Juice Fast-Day 3

     I have heard that day 3 of a juice fast is the toughest. I didn't have this experience today. My energy and mood was good and I only missed the act of eating a couple of times. The morning WOD was heavy, but I set a new PR on consecutive 70lb kettle bell swings (21). I also posted a respectable time (14:56) and beat my competitive partner. It definitely is more challenging right now than day 1, but i'm cool.


For time:
21-15-9 reps
kb swings 70lb
bar facing burpees
push press 95lb
cash out:
800m run


weight-210.3
emotional status-strong, confident
stamina-normal


     My workout went great today. It was an evil mix of strength and cardio. I didn't bonk or hit a wall. I just got normally tired. After that, I worked out in the yard all day trimming hedges and spreading mulch. Then, I picked up the kids, played, and cooked dinner. The whey protein and almond milk must be helping.
     I drank broccoli, carrot, pear, apple juice for breakfast. I've been trying to get a juice in me at least 45 min prior to my WOD. I feel this is imperative to get some gas in the tank. Then, I drink my protein shake within 30min or so before that hyperdynamic, vasodilated, rapid cellular uptake window closes.
     This journey has given me lots of time to think about my food choices. It has also shown me how good raw fruit and veggies are. I had an asparagus, carrot, cucumber, romaine, lemon juice for lunch. It was hearty and interesting. The lemon cuts the bitterness from the greens, plus I really like lemon. I also like drinking out of my English pint pub glasses. It makes me think about beer (ahh, beer) and you get to really see the frothy, pulpy juice. That makes me feel good about the nutrients I'm taking in. Forging ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment