Friday, February 10, 2012

7 Day Crossfit Juice Fast-Day 6

     I have been reading The Hunger Games this week, while I've been playing my own hunger game. I find this ironic and amusing. I think that's a good sign that I still have a decent grasp on my sanity. The book is fun to read, but it goes into explicit detail about food. This is great in an literary sense because we, as the reader, get to feel the hollow emptiness of hunger and the sensuous pleasure derived from feasting on a rich meal. However, it's rough when you are on a juice fast.
     Many of you may wonder how I've had time to do all this juicing. Well, I've been working nights this week. I worked out in the morning and juiced during the day, with the exception of my post WOD protein and took an almond milk protein shake to work. This system has performed well for me, until last night.
     I'm a nurse anesthetist, so some nights are quiet and I rest. Other nights, all hell breaks loose, and I work feverishly until my relief arrives at daybreak. Last night was one of those nights. Today was a rest and recovery day. I mixed up a juice when I got home, drank some protein, and slept all day.
     When I got up, I made another juice and drank another scoop of protein in my almond milk. Today, sticking to the diet was easy! However, I did have a ravenous hunger when I awoke. I don't know what to make of this. The kids have been sick and when I got up around noon to check my renal function, I had a sore throat. So, I think that i'm incubating the bugs. It will be very interesting to see if and how a common cold progresses with my physiology in it's current state.


weight-206.8lb
emotional status-calm, relaxed, little tired
stamina-not tested, but feel ok


     My body still feels great! The lower body work from this week has my quads, hips, and glutes tight, but they don't ache. They do talk to me a little when I flex and stretch, but that's normal. I feel like working all last night was harder than it normally is, don't know if this was a function of the stress and acuity of the cases or the diet. I'm still glad that I chose to do this and continue to learn from it.
favorite juicing moment today: after I woke up super hungry and smelling fresh strawberries and broccoli being juiced together. It was amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment