Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Breaking the fast

     I've been eating again for 3 days and it feels good. My guts are still tying to figure it all out, but all is well. The cold is still bothering me. However, the symptoms are still less than the poor little ones. I had a juice yesterday and I'm about to have one for lunch. Today is Valentine's Day, so I'll be taking the family out for dinner tonight. I plan to eat paleocentric for the foreseeable future. 
     Today's WOD was the filthy 50. I don't know how many of you out there have done this workout, but it is a beast. The work never lets up. It's just rep after rep and requires exertion from every muscle in your body. My buddy beat me by about 40sec, but I beat my time from last August by 6 min! I am very happy with 32:40rx. I also kipped all my knees to elbows from the high pull up bar, which is a first.

“Filthy Fifty”
50 box jumps 24"
50 jumping pull ups
50 kb swings 35lb
50 lunges
50 knees2elbow
50 push press 45lb
50 back extensions
50 wall ball 20lb
50 burpees
50 double unders


weight-210.1
emotional status-happy to eat healthy
stamina-felt a bit sluggish a couple of times during todays WOD. the cold, maybe???


     I do miss the pre workout supplement buzz that I used to feel, but I don't want to go back to that. So, I'm going to suck it up and deal with it. Like everything else I've asked my body to do, it will adapt. I think that I will cycle creatine several times to see what, if anything I gain from it (25g in 3 divided doses morning, preWOD, & night. on 3 days. off 3 days) Maybe I'll blog about it. Keep reaching. Keep pushing.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment