Saturday, February 11, 2012

7 Day Crossfit Juice Fast-Day 7

     The juice fast draws to a close tonight. It has been a good week and I've made some personal revelations. I have tremendous will power. Not one soda, alcoholic beverage, cooked food, meat, or any other cheat has passed my lips. A juice fast is somewhat extreme, but it is doable. I haven't been that hungry and have had plenty of energy and stamina to perform high intensity physical activity five of the seven days. Lastly, a plant strong diet makes me feel good. I am less sore, I recover faster, I feel better about myself, my choices, and my impact on the planet.
     My cold continues to progress, but my symptoms are mild. Much less pronounced than the kids have experienced. I don't feel bad at all, just a scratchy throat and a little cough. 
     I had a great workout this morning. It was a partner WOD and I got to do it with my buddy who is one of the top guys in our box. I was nervous about keeping up with him, but I did! I never felt too winded to get the work done. We scored over 400! Again, I felt like I could have done a two-a-day.

AMRAP in 3 min, teams of 2 people
Tire flips 350lb
25m shuttle run (5 reps)
game style push ups
sdhp 70lb kb
medicine ball sit up throws 20lb
Score is total number reps
Only one person can be doing work at a time
each team member must stop work and perform 2 burpees on the whistle (every min)

weight-205.1lb (post WOD)
emotional status-happy, grateful
stamina-really, really good. especially considering the week of nights and cold!

     The family and I are going out to breakfast in the morning. I'm excited by this and a little nervous. I'm curious how my body and GI tract will react. I'm going to take it slow. I have missed my old friend bacon, so there is definitely some of that in my future. I think I'll also have some eggs and OJ. 
     The fast has been a good experience and I will probably do it again, maybe once a quarter. Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead calls it a reboot. I like this description. It resets your mind, gut, metabolism, and priorities. If you have any ideas how I can make this process cleaner or better please let me know. Follow and message me on Twitter @Hypnos4hire
     

No comments:

Post a Comment